Saturday, June 28, 2008

The countdown continues

It's Saturday. I was finally able to sleep in after going a week waking up at 5:45 AM every morning so I could work on my candidacy stuff before or after Mrs. Mrs. (the hs teacher) came in. I was able to practice my talk yesterday, and by "practice" I mean I presented each slide and my advisor had everyone in the room ask me 30 min. worth of questions. We were in there for almost 3 hours. The good news is that although there was bloodshed yesterday, I'm hoping that Monday there won't be as much with my COMMITTEE. Yep, the group of 4 professors who determine the rest of my Ph.D. career... Wish me luck! I still need to reorganize my slides - my advisor gave me tons of suggestions - and I need to study, and I need to continue practicing my talk.

In other news, I've been very, very bad. I haven't worked out since Tuesday. The stressed-out me finally won and I put working out on hold for a few days. However, I plan on going today, which will make 3 days this week, so I'm not too upset about that. Also, since my candidacy is Monday, I will have no excuses in the I'm stressed part - other than the publication my advisor and I are trying to get out. But that shouldn't be as bad, should it?

Eating-wise? Well, I can't say I've been good in that respect either. I stress I eat out and eat bad stuff. Don't get me wrong, I haven't been doing much with my eating to begin with. At this point, I just want to eat better portions of food. I don't want to stuff my face one night and still be full the next morning. Eating better will come soon, though I do try sometimes. I had salmon, wild rice, and fruit yesterday for lunch. I never eat that, yet it was delicious. But I still try to snack too much and have candy too often. I'll keep trying.

No comments: