Sunday, June 15, 2008

I'm getting back on track

These last few weeks of traveling have really got me on the wrong path. I've been eating out for most of my meals, not working out, and carelessly spending money left and right.

Well, not anymore.

Today, I paid bills online, and I'm happy to report that I'm early on all of them. Yay! No late payments! I've gotten better about using coupons and saved about $8 bucks on things I bought today. I even had a great surprise waiting for me when I got back from Penn State - a $50 rebate card came from AT&T when I bought my cell phone. Usually, I forget to fill those out and this time, they managed to pay for all but $30 of my groceries. Yeah!

I stocked up on groceries and made sure NOT to buy cokes, candy, or any junk food. I'm planning to start a habit of cooking and packing my lunch everyday. I should not need groceries until my next paycheck on June 30th. What else, oh yeah, I'm going to try to drink a whole lot more water everyday. I've been depending on the caffeine to get me through my day and everyday I need more caffeine to keep up. I've had enough! I'm not stocking cokes at home and I will not buy cokes at school. I will definitely have to watch out since B at work likes to go for a sugar run everyday. She is currently training for a marathon in October and has been running a lot, I'm hardly working out. She's got calories to spare - I don't. So, from now on, I will let myself go with her, but not to purchase anything. I've got stuff in my drawers to hopefully curb some of that - granola bars, peanuts, rice cakes.

Finally, I've got to start working out. This week, I am planning on going to the gym at least 3 times this week. I usually hate going at night, but B talked me into it one of the nights we were at the gym. Sure, I got nasty and sweaty just before bed, but I took a shower (which I have always loved) and had one of the best nights of sleep! Hhhmm, I may have to rethink the night work outs.

Well, this week promises to be a busy one, since both the high school teacher and the high school student that are supposed to be working with me this summer start tomorrow. Now I have to be in lab at a certain time and ready for them everyday. Wish me luck!

No comments: